09 December, 2012

227. Rod Stewart | Every Picture Tells a Story (1971)



Tracks
  1. Every Picture Tells a Story
  2. Seems Like a Long Time
  3. That's All Right
  4. Tomorrow Is a Long Time
  5. Henry
  6. Maggie May
  7. Mandolin Wind
  8. (I Know) I'm Losing You
  9. Reason to Believe

Every Picture Tells a Story is a rowdy album. The music is rock and roll. There are other styles, but its heart never strays from rock and roll.

This album is no nonsense. There isn't a vapid, vacuous or insipid song on it. There is no flash or showing off. That's the idealized kind of rock and roll realized primarily by Rod Stewart and the Who and sometimes by Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones.

I think this is a great album. It's not a great as Gasoline Alley, but it's worth listening to and worth owning, just for (I Know) I'm Losing You. It probably shouldn't belong on the 1001 Albums list. It's too similar in style and quality to Gasoline Alley. But then again, if not this, then what?

All the songs sound great. Every Picture Tells a StorySeems Like a Long TimeThat's All RightMaggie May(I Know) I'm Losing You and Reason to Believe are the real stand outs. 

★★★★★★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment